The Selection Procedure for Admission In Hotel Management and other courses is based on the written test, group discussion, and personal interview. Selected candidates will be informed of the results individually within one day from the date of the test. In case students do not receive any communication within 15 days after appearing for the test they can send a fax or E-mail to the administrative office with their hall ticket number for the result.
GENERAL GUIDELINES ( List Of Items To Be Brought By The First Year Students )
COMMON TO BOYS AND GIRLS
- Pen, Pencil, Ruler, Eraser
- Alarm clock (small)
- Marker (Highlighter)
- Note books, 200 pages – 5 nos.
- Pullover/Sweater (Navy blue, V neck) – 2 Nos.
- Bath towel, hand towel
- Bed sheets, Pillow covers – 2 sets
- Black canvas shoe with lace – rubber sole
- One Plate and One Glass
- Plain formal black leather shoes with black lace – low heels – No fancy designs
- Black plain socks – 5 sets
- Black belt ( 2 to 2.5 cm wide, no fancy buckle, formal wear)
- Vests (white) – 5 sets
- Formal Trousers, plain light coloured shirts with tie – minimum 3 sets
- Black stockings (full length)
- Black slip-ons / balles (low heels)
- Formal churidars – minimum 3 sets
Selection under Merit quota for BHMCT course is based on a written test and interview to be conducted by the University of Calicut at the Institute on a date notified by the University.
Written test is of objective type. The subjects for the test are aptitude in English language, General Knowledge and Numerical Ability. Candidates can use pen or pencil to answer the questions.
Group discussion is to test the student’s extempore participation in a discussion on a topic, with a minimum duration of 7 minutes but not exceeding 10 minutes. Students are tested for topic knowledge, interaction and command over the language.
A short Interview will be conducted to assess the student on communication skill, general appearance and etiquette. Candidates are required to appear for group discussion and interview on the same day. Students are required to complete the written test and wait for their turn to complete group discussion and personal interview.