(Post Graduate degree programme in Hotel Management affiliated to the University of Calicut)
Master of hotel management
The Master of Hotel Management (MHM) is an intensive Four-semester Hotel Management degree program, the only one of its kind in the state of Kerala. During the course of study skills are developed in hospitality related business sciences and techniques in identification, problem-solving and developing strategic and operational plans for management of international hospitality related organisations.
The MHM prepares students to be theory-based, action-oriented leaders of executive management teams and entrepreneurial ventures. MHM graduates are entrepreneurs, restaurateurs, developers, analysts, consultants, corporate directors, and managers of hotels, resorts, and spas.
Any candidate who has passed degree in Tourism or Hotel Management or in both from University of Calicut or the same degree of any other University or Institute in any state recognized by UGC or AICTE with a minimum of 45% marks is eligible for admission. The 70% of the total seats are reserved for above graduates. The remaining 30% are reserved for the candidates who have passed degree from any other stream with a minimum of 45% marks.
70% of seats are reserved for Tourism / Hotel Management degree students and 30% for other degree students).
How To Apply
Pay Rs.750/- by demand draft or M.O. favouring Malabar Hotel Management and Catering Promotion Trust, payable at Calicut (Kozhikode) for the Prospectus, application form and DVD.
|Year||Particulars||Amount (in Rs.)|
|I Semester||Admission Fee||1,000||1,000|
|University Affiliation Fee||1,500||1,500|
|Caution deposit ( Refundable)||10,000||10,000|
|Stationary / Internal Examinations||750||750|
|2nd Semester||Tuition Fee + Special Fee||35,000||45,000|
|3rd Semester||Tuition Fee||35,000||45,000|
|4th Semester||Tuition Fee||35,000||45,000|
- Tuition Fee has to be paid on or before 1st June for odd semesters and
1 st December for even semesters
- Students must pay University examination fee to the Department Head during the time of examination registration
- Uniform / Project Kit fee of Rs. 12,500, Extracurricular activity fund of Rs.3,000 to be paid at the time of admission
|Year||Accommodation charges (yearly)||Food charges* (monthly)|
|1st Year (2018-19)||22,000||15,000||3,600|
|2nd Year (2019-20)||22,000||15,000||3,900|
*10% increase of fees is mandatory
- Accommodation charges and Hostel Caution Deposit of Rs.5000 has to be paid at the time of admission
- An amount of Rs.1,500 to be paid as food charges by the day scholars.
- Food charges payable on or before 7th of each month
- Transportation charge for Hostellers (Per month) : Rs. 700
- Fee once remitted will not be refunded except Caution Deposit.
- Tuition fee Payments to be made by Cash or by Demand Draft, favouring “Malabar Hotel Management & Catering Promotion Trust”, payable at calicut (Kozhikode).
- The Hostel fee to be paid by Cash / or by Demand Draft favouring “Oriental School of Hotel Management” payable at Kalpetta or Calicut.
- Pay Rs. 10000/- by Cash for uniform and practical kit during the admission.
- The authorization letter for bank loan letter will be issued after paying the First year Tution fee.
You can download the application form from this site also. Send the filled in application, relevant documents along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 750/- in favour of “Malabar Hotel Management and Catering Promotion Trust”, from any Bank, Payable at Calicut.
Submit The Duly Filled In Application Forms To:
Oriental Group of Educational Institutions,
9th Floor, Nikrathil Chambers,
Mini bypass Road.
Kozhikode – 673 004.
Tel : 0495 – 2725987, 2722028
Mobile Number: 9387816565, 9847756777
Fax No. 0495 – 2721028